- Biology, B.S.
- Biology, Pre-Dental Concentration, B.S.
- Biology, Pre-Graduate School Concentration, B.S.
- Biology, Pre-Medical Concentration, B.S.
- Biology, Pre-Optometry Concentration, B.S.
- Biology, Pre-Physical Therapy Concentration, B.S.
- Biology, Pre-Physician Assistant Concentration, B.S.
- Biology, Pre-Veterinary Concentration, B.S.
- Biology, Teacher Licensure, B.S.
Internships are not required. Students may obtain academic credit for participating in a practical learning experience outside Campbell University but often simply choose to gain work experience to strengthen their resumes for post-graduate studies and full-time employment. If the internship is for academic credit, the experience must address a biology-related problem, involve college-level work, and have a component of active, hands-on activity. Up to six (6) upper-level academic credits may be earned in this way.
Recent examples of the varied experiences gained by students in the Department of Biological Sciences include internships at:
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) and paramedics training/experience
- GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) Women in Science program
- Museum of Natural Sciences (Raleigh, NC)
- NC Aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores
- Northwest Georgia Science Museum
- South African Shark Conservancy (Gansbaai, South Africa)
- Student Conservation Service & US National Park Service
- Walt Disney World’s Animal Kingdom
- “Summer Program for Future Doctors” (SPFD) at the East Carolina University Brodie School of Medicine
For a complete overview of the program and requirements, please view the following course description & requirements summary sheets for each biology concentration:
- Biology – Pre-Dental Concentration
- Biology – Pre-Graduate School Concentration
- Biology – Pre-Medical School Concentration (Select Tier)
- Biology – Pre-Optometry Concentration
- Biology – Pre-Physical Therapy (PT) Concentration
- Biology – Pre-Physician Assistant (PA) Concentration
- Biology – Pre-Veterinary School Concentration